Wembley CARES – COVID-19
Reporting a positive case
Please report all positive cases for WPS students by adding an attendance note in Compass. The online reporting form is no longer active. It is not necessary to notify the school if your child is a close contact.
Things you need to know
- The mandatory isolation period for people who test positive for COVID-19 has ended, effective 14 October 2022.
- Although isolation protocols have ended, COVID is still present in the community.
- As a school, we will continue to keep rooms well ventilated and ensure hygiene is a top priority.
- Anyone who is unwell is encouraged to take a RAT and stay home until symptoms resolve.
- Please register your child’s absence on Compass if your child is absent due to testing positive or being unwell due to illness.
- People who test COVID-19 positive, are encouraged to stay home until symptoms resolve and register their positive RAT with WA Health.
- Anyone who is a close contact is encouraged to test daily for 5 days and only attend school following a negative RAT result.
- It is no longer necessary to inform the school if your child is a close contact.
At WPS we are doing the following;
- Following all directives from the Department of Education and Health.
- Ventilation assessments have been conducted in schools with physical checks of windows and doors and on mechanical ventilation (air conditioning units) to ensure adequate ventilation.
- All classrooms will be required to have doors and windows open throughout the school day and use air conditioning and fans to keep air moving. A portable unit has been provided to observe CO2 levels in classrooms as required.
- Air purifiers are deployed to areas deemed as having insufficient ventilation as per the school assessment.
What parents can do:
- Speak about the virus with your child explaining facts without causing anxiety
- Enforce the hand washing message
- Read information that is sent out via the school
- Students to continue good hygiene procedures
- 1.5m physical distance spots on pavement and displayed on signs
- Will maintain a safe, clean and calm learning environment
- Communication strategy to be regular and responsive – staff and community